About LewisGale Physicians Cardiology – Salem
Comprehensive cardiology care
Our interventional cardiology experts provide excellent cardiac care, and we want to help you keep your cardiovascular system healthy. We develop individualized plans for each patient, with services ranging from the management and treatment of high blood pressure and cholesterol to interventional procedures such as stent placement and angioplasty to open blocked arteries.
We're also committed to providing compassionate communication and patient-centered care to ensure each patient feels comfortable and cared for during his or her treatment.
To schedule an appointment, call our office at (540) 772-3430 or schedule your appointment online.
How healthy is your heart?
Understanding your heart health is a valuable preventive care tool. Take our assessment to determine your risk of heart disease and next steps to take.
Heart conditions we treat
- Acute & subacute endocarditis
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Angina pectoris
- Atrial fibrillation (A-Fib)
- Cardiac arrhythmia & conduction disorders
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Coronary atherosclerosis
- Endocarditis and endocardial disease
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart infection
- Heart muscle inflammation and disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Hypertropic cardiomyopathy (enlarged heart)
- Myocarditis and cardiomyopathy
- Nonspecific chest pain
- Pericarditis and pericardial disease
- Pulmonary heart disease
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Ventricular fibrillation (V-Fib)
Frequently used diagnostic procedures include:
- Cardiac device monitoring
- Cardiac CT angiography
- Cardiac ultrasound
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- Electrocardiogram monitoring
- Heart screening and imaging
- Nuclear stress test
- Stress echocardiography
Our cardiology team uses both interventional and noninterventional treatments and procedures for heart conditions. Some of the most frequent treatments include:
- Balloon angioplasty
- Defibrillator implant and removal
- Endovenous radiofrequency ablation
- Heart assist system implant
- Medication management
- Pacemaker implantation and removal
- Stent placement
When you choose LewisGale Physicians for your healthcare needs, you’ll also have timely and coordinated access to other cardiac-related specialists including heart surgeons, vascular surgeons, and more.
Managing your care with Health Portal
Health Portal facilities better communication with your physician's and provider's office from the comfort and privacy of your home or office.