About LewisGale Physicians Women's Health Specialists - 1900 Electric Rd., Suite 1030
As part of the LewisGale Physicians network, our women’s health and nurse midwives practice provides comprehensive care to women of all ages and life stages. Our practice includes both board-certified OB-GYNs and certified nurse midwives. Our team takes an individualized approach, providing patients with personalized care where they feel empowered and informed. Learn more about the services provided by our midwives and OB-GYNs to make the choice that’s best for you. We also offer midwifery services at our Floyd practice.
When should you start breast cancer screenings?
The answer may vary. Use our online assessment to gain insight and determine breast cancer health risk factors.
Gynecology services provided by our board-certified OB-GYNs
Our team follows evidence-based guidelines and provides gynecological services and procedures, utilizing minimally-invasive techniques, including:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding treatment
- Adolescent gynecology
- Annual well-woman visits
- Contraceptive management
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial biopsy
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP)
- Menopause management and treatment
- Osteoporosis evaluation and treatment
- Ovarian cyst treatment
- Pap smears and managing abnormal tests
- Pelvic inflammatory disease treatment
- Pelvic support conditions
- Prolapse of female genital organs
- Uterine fibroids treatment
- Urinary tract infections
- Vaginitis treatment
Midwifery Services provided by our certified nurse midwives
Our nurse midwives provide maternity care and women’s health care services, from adolescence through menopause. Women who desire less medical intervention during low-risk pregnancy, labor, and birth often choose a certified nurse-midwife (CNM) for their care. Our CNMs attend births at LewisGale Medical Center, a safe, high-quality hospital setting. Experienced in collaborative care models, our CNMs partner with the LewisGale OB/GYN physicians when necessary to deliver safe, customize care to meet each person’s individual needs.
- Prenatal care
- Customized labor and delivery support
- Low-risk pregnancy care
- Well-woman visits, including gynecologic exams
Obstetrics services by our OB-GYNs
We aim to support and strengthen families and provide our first-time and established parents with the care they need, from family planning through delivery and postpartum care. Our obstetric services include:
- Delivery – vaginal birth and Cesarean section
- High-risk pregnancies
- Family planning, including contraceptive and procreative management
- Infertility evaluations
- Postpartum care
- Pregnancy care
- Vaginal birth after C-section
Managing your care with Health Portal
Health Portal facilities better communication with your physician’s and provider’s office from the comfort and privacy of your home or office.