About LewisGale Physicians Cardiology - Blacksburg
Comprehensive cardiology care
Our interventional cardiology experts provide exceptional cardiac care, and we want to help you keep your heart as healthy as possible. Our services range from helping you to manage your blood pressure and cholesterol to diagnostic tests and lifesaving interventional procedures such as stent placement and angioplasty to open blocked arteries.
We are committed to delivering compassionate communication in a patient-centered environment with the goal of each patient feeling comfortable and cared for by our team.
To schedule a cardiology appointment, call our office at (540) 961-0218 or schedule your appointment online.
How healthy is your heart?
Understanding your heart health is a valuable preventive care tool. Take our assessment to determine your risk of heart disease and next steps to take.
Heart conditions we treat
We treat a wide range of heart conditions including:
- Acute & subacute endocarditis
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Angina pectoris
- Atrial fibrillation (A-Fib)
- Cardiac arrhythmia & conduction disorders
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Coronary atherosclerosis
- Endocarditis and endocardial disease
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart infection
- Heart muscle inflammation and disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Hypertropic cardiomyopathy (enlarged heart)
- Myocarditis and cardiomyopathy
- Nonspecific chest pain
- Pericarditis and pericardial disease
- Pulmonary heart disease
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Ventricular fibrillation (V-Fib)
- Valvular heart disease
Diagnostic and screening procedures
Diagnostic and screening services frequently include:
- Cardiac device monitoring
- Cardiac CT angiography
- Cardiac ultrasound
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- Electrocardiogram monitoring
- Heart screening and imaging
- Nuclear stress test
- Stress echocardiography
- Vascular ultrasound study
Treatments we offer
When heart treatment is needed, our cardiology team uses both interventional and noninterventional treatments and procedures for heart conditions. Some of the most common include:
- Balloon angioplasty
- Defibrillator implant and removal
- Endovenous radiofrequency ablation
- Heart assist system implant
- Medication management
- Pacemaker implantation and removal
- Stent placement
- Transcatheter vascular procedure
Other cardiology and vascular care
To keep your care close to home, some of the physicians featured in the Meet our Providers section provide onsite consultations and follow-up care on a weekly basis at this Blacksburg practice.
To schedule appointments with the following physicians, call their primary office and ask that your appointment be scheduled at the Davis Street, Blacksburg office.
- B. John Hynes, cardiac electrophysiologist – (540) 772-3430
- James Taylor, DO, cardiothoracic surgeon – (540) 776-2010
- Richard Konstance, MD, cardiologist – (540) 283-2710
When you depend on LewisGale Physicians for your healthcare needs, you’ll also have timely and coordinated access to other cardiac-related specialists including heart surgeons, vascular surgeons, and more.
Managing your care with Health Portal
Health Portal facilities better communication with your physician's and provider's office from the comfort and privacy of your home or office.