About LewisGale Physicians Cardiology – Heart of Virginia
Comprehensive cardiology care
Our interventional cardiology team provides exceptional cardiac care, and we want to help you keep your heart in good shape. Our comprehensive plans for the management and treatment of heart conditions range from medication management for conditions such as high blood pressure and cholesterol to interventional procedures including stent placement and angioplasty to open blocked arteries.
We value our patients as individuals, which is why we do our best to ensure everyone feels comfortable and cared for during their treatment.
To schedule an appointment, call our office at (540) 283-2710 or schedule your appointment online.
How healthy is your heart?
Understanding your heart health is a valuable preventive care tool. Take our assessment to determine your risk of heart disease and next steps to take.
Heart conditions we treat
Our cardiac specialists treat a wide range of heart conditions, such as:
- Acute & subacute endocarditis
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Angina pectoris
- Atrial fibrillation (A-Fib)
- Cardiac arrhythmia & conduction disorders
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Coronary atherosclerosis
- Endocarditis and endocardial disease
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart infection
- Heart muscle inflammation and disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Hypertropic cardiomyopathy (enlarged heart)
- Myocarditis and cardiomyopathy
- Nonspecific chest pain
- Pericarditis and pericardial disease
- Pulmonary heart disease
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Ventricular fibrillation (V-Fib)
We offer a wide range of diagnostic procedures including:
- Cardiac device monitoring
- Cardiac CT angiography
- Cardiac ultrasound
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- Electrocardiogram monitoring
- Heart screening and imaging
- Nuclear stress test
- Stress echocardiography
When heart treatment is needed, our cardiology team uses both interventional and noninterventional treatments and procedures for heart conditions. Some of the most common include:
- Balloon angioplasty
- Defibrillator implant and removal
- Endovenous radiofrequency ablation
- Heart assist system implant
- Medication management
- Pacemaker implantation and removal
- Stent placement
When you choose LewisGale Physicians for your healthcare needs, you’ll also have timely and coordinated access to other cardiac-related specialists including heart surgeons, vascular surgeons, and more.
Managing your care with Health Portal
Health Portal facilities better communication with your physician’s and provider’s office from the comfort and privacy of your home or office.