About LewisGale Physicians Women's Health Specialists - 826 Davis St., Blacksburg
As part of the LewisGale Physicians network, our practice conveniently located in Blacksburg provides comprehensive care to women of all ages and life stages. Our women’s health specialists include a certified nurse practitioner and, at the end of November 2022, a board-certified OB-GYN and certified nurse midwives. Our team takes an individualized approach, providing patients with personalized care where they feel empowered and informed.
When should you start breast cancer screenings?
The answer may vary. Use our online assessment to gain insight and determine breast cancer health risk factors.
Our team follows evidence-based guidelines and provides gynecological services and procedures, utilizing minimally-invasive techniques, including robotic-assisted surgery for some of the following procedures.
- Abnormal uterine bleeding treatment
- Adolescent gynecology
- Annual well-woman visits
- Contraceptive management
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial biopsy
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP)
- Menopause management and treatment
- Osteoporosis evaluation and treatment
- Ovarian cyst treatment
- Pap smears and managing abnormal tests
- Pelvic inflammatory disease treatment
- Pelvic support conditions
- Prolapse of female genital organs
- Uterine fibroids treatment
- Urinary tract infections
- Vaginitis treatment
We aim to support and strengthen families and provide our first-time and established parents with the care they need, from family planning through delivery and postpartum care. Our obstetric services include:
- Delivery – vaginal birth and Cesarean section
- High-risk pregnancies
- Family planning, including contraceptive and procreative management
- Infertility evaluations
- Postpartum care
- Pregnancy care
- Vaginal birth after C-section
Our nurse midwives provide maternity care and women’s health care services, from adolescence through menopause. Women who desire less medical intervention during low-risk pregnancy, labor, and birth often choose a certified nurse-midwife (CNM) for their care. Our CNMs attend births at LewisGale in a safe, high-quality hospital setting. Experienced in collaborative care models, our CNMs partner with LewisGale OB-GYNs to deliver safe, customize care to meet each person’s individual needs.
- Prenatal care
- Customized labor and delivery support
- Low-risk pregnancy care
- Well-woman visits, including gynecologic exams
Managing your care with Health Portal
Health Portal facilities better communication with your physician’s and provider’s office from the comfort and privacy of your home or office.