The Most Advanced Surgical Technologies
LewisGale offers you advanced versions of da Vinci® surgical tools. Widely considered to be the most effective and least invasive surgical technology available, the da Vinci Robotic Surgery System combines computer and robotic technologies to treat a broad range of conditions.
da Vinci Robotic surgeries performed at LewisGale use tiny incisions, much smaller than those of traditional surgery, to insert miniature instruments and a high-definition 3-D camera. Your surgeon views a magnified, high-resolution 3-D image of the surgical site while controlling the robotic equipment, which translates the surgeon's hand movements into precise movements to perform the operation.
Your surgeon is 100% in control of the da Vinci System at all times as the robot translates your surgeon’s hand movements into smaller, precise movements of tiny instruments inside your body.
The Wide Uses of da Vinci Robotic Surgery Systems
LewisGale uses da Vinci Robotic Surgery Systems to perform single-incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS) and a wide range of surgeries, including:
- Gall Bladder Surgery
- Hernia Repair
- Urological: The da Vinci Robotic Surgery System’s precise targeting is ideal for the delicate operations required during urologic procedures, where the surgical site is often tightly confined and close to nerves affecting urinary control and sexual function.
- Complete or partial nephrectomy
- Colorectal: We use the da Vinci Robotic Surgery System for colorectal surgeries to allow for a few small incisions instead of the traditional single, large abdominal incision. Colorectal surgeries we perform with the da Vinci robotic surgery system include surgeries for colon or rectal cancer, diverticulitis, complex hernia, low anterior resection and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Thoracic: Minimally invasive surgery can be done through video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) or da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery.
If you are in need of surgery, contact the surgeons at LewisGale today to find out if you are a candidate for robotic surgery.
Benefits of da Vinci
Facing an upcoming surgery can be worrisome. You’re likely concerned about your down-time, the pain you’re facing, the scars that will linger and missing time from work. But when your LewisGale surgeon decides that using the da Vinci Robotic Surgery System is part of your surgical treatment, benefits can include:
- A shorter hospital stay
- Less blood loss
- Fewer complications
- Less need for narcotic pain medicine
- A faster recovery
- Smaller incisions with minimal scarring
Our focus is returning you to the lifestyle you know and love. And thanks to LewisGale’s advanced surgical techniques, like da Vinci, we’re able to return you to your active lifestyle more quickly.